Sunday, January 30, 2011

Some highlights from Japan, more to come soon....

The last few weeks I have been finding myself homesick.  Not necessarily homesick for America, but homesick for Ghana and the way life was there.  It's the end of January already, you'd think I'd be over this by now, but Ghana has affected me more than I ever imagined it would.  Don't get me wrong, Japan is amazing and there is so much to be thankful for here, but a little piece of me still dreams of the times had in Ghana...the People, the Friendships, the Simplicity of Life, the Total Dependency on God because of the challenges living in a third world country, the list could go on.  But despite all of this I have been reminded that God is with me here as well and I need to continue to look to him and live in the here and now, serving and loving the people God has placed in my life here and bringing him glory in all my days.  Japan has quickly become my new home and although I still find myself missing previous homes I have left I am thankful to call Japan my home right now!  I know this is where God has called me for this time in my life and I am excited to see how he works through me.

So now for some highlights of the past few months - and I will try to get better about updating more often so I won't have months of highlights to post all at once...

 
We've taken many trips to our favorite sushi restaurant.  Every time we go Elyse and I decide on a challenge plate to share, it's always an adventure! We've tried sea urchin, octopus, a bunch of teeny little fish bate (pictured above) and so much more...











3rd and 4th grade field trip to the zoo!

Bethany, the 3rd grade teacher, and I at the zoo!




Celebrating the Fall Leaves!!!  To show off the beauty of Japanese foliage in the fall certain areas of trees are illuminated at night and become quite a famous destination during the fall season.  It was wonderful to finally experience fall again after three years without the changing of seasons!




      THANKSGIVING!!!  Elyse and I got to carry on our Thanksgiving tradition of Beer-butt chicken.  I'm so thankful we have been able to experience both Ghana and Japan together and bring our traditions with us from Ghana to Japan :)



And let the Christmas season begin...  Bundled up in warm clothes, Christmas lights in Nagoya, it's actually starting to feel like Christmas here, no more 90+ degree weather leading up Christmas time!

Stay tuned for another blog to come soon highlighting my Christmas in Japan with a little visit from America!

***InaMae I promise to try harder at updating my blog more frequently for you :) 

No comments:


The daily walk to school

The daily walk to school