| Found this character in a mall so of course needed our picture with it! |
It first hit me at the airport headed for Tokyo that I was not going back to Ghana. There were no Ghanaians! Getting on the plane was well organized it wasn't a mad dash to see who could get there first, even the plane food was very Asian. Even though there are parts of me that miss Ghana a ton, after today (our first full day in Japan) I'm ready for this new, exciting adventure.
A glimpse at Day 1 in Nagoya...
*Brent and I woke up fairly early and went for a morning stroll around our neighborhood. Found a near by grocery store (which is far more than that they have 4 floors filled with everything you could need and just the basement level is the grocery store. We enjoyed looking at all the interesting foods and the expensive prices of many things. It was fun to explore the neighborhood a bit!
*When we got back our neighbors below us who also work at the school took us around more and showed us how to use public transit and where to get certain things and were so full of useful information. A lot to take in in one day, we'll see how much I actually remember I'm sure I will be knocking on their door a ton to ask more questions as time goes on. They are an incredible couple and I feel so thankful to be living above them they even had us over for dinner this evening and then off to baskin robbins we all went for some ice cream (the 31st of every month is half price ice cream). Wow what a treat a baskin robbins, it's no fan ice thats for sure but it's a great taste of america. There are so many american places here McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, things that would would never be able to find in Ghana.
| Our apartment (4th floor) |
3 comments:
Mander Pander, I'm SO excited you are going to blog... I'll be on the Ohio end reading :) LOVE YOU & don't leave anything on the train... that was a sad sad day :(
I AGREE WITH ASHLEY!!!! Keep blogging sister. I love being able to hear you in the words!! :) Miss you! Have tons of fun!
lovelove
Oh, how fun that they have "american" things! That'll be fun if you get home-sick :-)
Post a Comment